These sound SOOOOO good. I can't WAIT to try this recipe. Asapargus is season right now, so this is a tasty little treat for breakfast, brunch or whatever you like! Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound green, white, and/or purple asparagus, trimmed
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices white, wheat, or brioche bread
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place asparagus in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Cover with about 2 cups of boiling water. Let stand for 10 to 12 minutes, until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain. Finely chop three of the asparagus spears; set aside.
2. In a small bowl mash avocado with lime juice. Stir in chopped asparagus; set aside.
3. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook eggs for 6 minutes, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. If desired, turn eggs, to fully cook the yolks.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Spread avocado-asparagus on four slices. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Layer bacon, egg, asparagus, and remaining bread.
Tip if desired, add 2 slices fresh tomato to each sandwich.
Nutrition Facts (info from BHG.com): (Avacado and Asparagus Egg Sandwiches) Servings Per Recipe 4, Calories 410, Protein (gm) 18, Carbohydrate (gm) 31, Fat, total (gm) 24